Gibb Stuart Home Hardware are committed to protecting your information.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that is given to us, will be processed by us. We at Gibb Stuart Home Hardware prompt you to read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding all personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.gibbstuart.co.uk you are consenting and allowing the practise described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is CSY Retail Systems Ltd, CSY House, 9-10 Chase Park, Nottingham, NG2 4GT.
These Terms & Conditions set out the basis on which you can use our website and place orders for items from W Gibb Stuart Ltd. By ordering goods from W Gibb Stuart Ltd. you are deemed to have understood and accepted these terms. We also may contact you for marketing purposes by email, mail or telephone with relevant offers from W Gibb Stuart Ltd. We may also contact you for market research purposes.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is the information about you that you give us by filling out forms on our site www.gibbstuart.co.uk , or by corresponding with us by phone, E-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a promotion, survey or competition, and when you report a problem to our site. The information you give us may include your E-mail address, name, address, telephone number, a password chosen by you and financial and credit card information.
- With regards to each visit you have to our site, we will automatically collect the following information: the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit to our site, including the Uniform Resource locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time) products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to different pages, page interaction information, and any phone numbers used to call our customer helpline number.
- Information we receive about you from other sources. This information we could receive about you can come from third parties we work closely with (e.g. Business partners, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, analytic providers, credit reference agencies.) we may receive information about you from them.
Uses made from your Information
Any information held about you is used in these ways:
- To carry out any of our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To notify you about any changes to our services.
- To provide you with information about goods and services that we feel may interest you.
- To make sure that all content supplied on our website is presented in the best way for you and your computer.
- Any information collected about you could be used for internal operations including analysis, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To understand the success of advertising to you and others and to give relevant advertisement to suit you.
- To suggest goods and services to that may interest you. Any information we receive about you and the information you give us will be combined to contribute to the purposes set out as above. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Any member of our team, which means subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset.
Where we store your personal information
All information provided to us is stored on third party secure record systems who have warranted to us that they are compliant with all data protection legislation.
Although the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we at Gibb Stuart Home Hardware make it out mission to do our best in protection your information and personal details. We cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted on our site so any transmission is at your own risk. Once your information is received, we will use strict procedures and security features to help prevent against unauthorised access.
Access to information
The act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the act.
Data Protection Responsibility
Gibb Stuart Home Hardware accepts responsibility as data controller for all information collected via this website. We are committed in protecting your personal information. Data protection laws will be governed by the general Data Protection regulation and relevant UK legislation.
You have the right to cancel your order with seven (14) working days commencing from the day after delivery of the goods to you. All goods must be returned in the original dispatched condition, unused and in the original packaging.
The cost of returning a cancelled order is born by you as is the responsibility for the packing the goods to avoid damage. Uplifting fee will apply (min £14.72).
We will issue a refund once the goods have been received in good condition as soon as possible and in any case 30 days of receipt of goods. We are sorry but goods damaged, incomplete or not received will not be refunded. Uplifting fee will be deducted from a refund.
A full refund including carriage charge is given if an order is cancelled before we notified our carrier that order is available for uplift.
Our returns policy does not affect your statutory rights. If you return goods claiming they are defective, we will examine the returned goods and will notify you of your refund via email within a reasonable period of time. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within thirty (30) days of the day we confirm via email that you are entitled to a refund for defective goods. Any orders for personalized goods are non-returnable. Please note that this does not affect your statutory rights. If a refund is payable to you, we will use the same method used by you to pay for your order.
A full refund including carriage charges will be given if goods are cancelled prior to being dispatched. The cost of returning any goods already dispatched is borne by the customer. Goods must be returned within 14 days of receipt. A full refund excluding the original carriage charge will be given once the goods are received at our premises provided the goods are unused and in the original packaging. Please contact us by email or alternatively telephone 01505 612287 Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm quoting your order reference number. When returning goods we strongly recommend you do so under an insured recorded delivery.
All the summary details in this website have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Gibb Stuart website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label. W Gibb Stuart Ltd. is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information.
None of the above terms or conditions affect your statutory rights.
You have the right to ask us not to process any of your persona information for any marketing purposes, we will usually inform you if we intend to use any of your personal information for any marketing purposes before we collect your data, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to not agree to this by ticking given boxes in the form we use when collecting data off you.